So, 2019 is getting over really soon and there are some festivities still pending in the slot! On thinking about the grand celebrations, nothing can beat the delightful aura of Christmas. As this event marks its existence, the rooftops of every house start getting covered with snow, Christmas conifers show them up for sale and the air gets filled with the odor of cinnamon and gingerbread.
Aren’t you just bored of the monotonous Christmas celebrations at your place? If yes, then you have got our back. We have showcased multiple Christmas vacation ideas that are going to transform your boring days into the frolic packed ones! For those who cannot just stop their feet from heading towards the top-notch destinations for celebrating Christmas shall have a look here. These are the top spots for you to be a part of this mega celebration.
#1. Vilnius, Lithuania
Why visit Vilnius, Lithuania?
If you are thinking to head towards Vilnius for celebrating Christmas this year, why would you even give it a second thought? This is because it has been continually serving as a highly apt place for having some glimpses of the Christmas celebrations done right! This Christmas getaway is really underrated but can be counted amongst the best Christmas vacation ideas. The historical feeling lying here is no less than magic.
Christmas celebration ideas at Vilnius, Lithuania
- Exploration of Rotuse’s International Christmas Charity Bazaar.
- Do not forget to have a look at the Christmas Tree lying at the Cathedral Square.
- Watch a very interesting and innovative 3D Christmas Tale on the walls of the Cathedral.
#2. Santa Claus Village, Finland
Why visit Santa Claus Village, Finland?
If a single Santa is never enough for you, you can just fill up your Christmas Day with much of that! This can be done by heading towards the Arctic Circle belonging to Finland. This village is acting as a habitat for a very famous jolly man that is prevalent in the red-colored apparel. Meet the Santa Claus and pass across the miraculous Arctic Circle. The Santa Claus Village is literally a perfect choice when talking about the family Christmas vacation ideas.
Christmas celebration ideas at Santa Claus Village, Finland
- Post the beautiful Christmas greeting cards and letters to your family and friends from the Santa Claus Post Office.
- Meet the Huskies and Reindeer present here and spend some time with them.
- Admire the beauty of ice-sculptures existing in the art gallery and also, you can have some drinks in an ice bar.
#3. Copenhagen, Denmark
Why visit Copenhagen, Denmark?
The most amazing and vibrant capital, Copenhagen has already been successful in stealing the hearts of many. Don’t go by its size, since unlike that, it has the biggest welcoming aura. It is really one of the best Christmas vacation ideas 2019! The streets of this city are filled up with millions of lights, and they leave no stone unturned in brightening up this destination. You will also witness hundreds of Christmas trees giving a magnificent aura.
Christmas celebration ideas at Copenhagen, Denmark
- Celebrate the lights present here, which have enlightened the streets as well as the aura lying here.
- You can pay a visit to Copenhagen’s markets during Christmas, which are decorated at their best.
- Have some sips of the warm spiced wine of Demark i.e. Glogg. It is served along with dry fruit.
#4. Geneva, Switzerland
Why visit Geneva, Switzerland?
Want to be a part of the best Christmas ever? Go nowhere except Geneva. During Christmas Day, it has got the best Christmas lights ever. Apart from that, the whole of Lake Geneva is enlightened with an array of stalls, shops and other traditions here. Also, if you are a foodie, then the markets of Geneva are wonderful sites for you. The food exhibitors travel from all across the globe to Geneva for Christmas and visitors can have a taste of these savories.
Christmas celebration ideas at Geneva, Switzerland
- Pay a visit to the Genève Marché International de Noel at Place de la Fusterie.
- Lake Geneva has a huge Christmas Market, you can explore that.
- Shop at the Rue du Marché as well as Rue de Rive.
#5. Helsinki, Finland
Why visit Helsinki, Finland?
During the whole winter season, the Christmas markets belonging to Helsinki steal the attention of tourists. Apart from that, many have rated it amongst the top 10 Christmas markets of Europe. These busy markets are decorated with their whole might and are continually been favored for their beguiling aura. All that you can expect from these markets are abundant fun with your travel mates.
Christmas celebration ideas at Helsinki, Finland
- Enjoy the delectable rice, porridge as well as the plum juice during the morning.
- Indulge in the activity of shopping for the beautiful handicrafts prepared by more than 140 skilled craftsmen here.
- Be a part of the very amazing Christmas Concert and that too free of cost.
#6. Amsterdam, Netherlands
Why visit Amsterdam, Netherlands?
A Christmas trip to Amsterdam is worthy of your investment. The people here commence the preparations for the same before a month. Right from the month of November, this destination starts getting dolled up for the Christmas Day so that it is able to steal the hearts of visitors present. The whole Museum Square miraculously converts into a Christmas village that looks unbelievable when completed.
Christmas celebration ideas at Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Witness the magical Amsterdam Light Festival.
- Experience the beauty of the very special Canal Cruise.
- Be an indispensable part of the renowned Amsterdam Winter Parade held at Amsterdam RAI convention center every year.
#7. Salzburg, Austria
Why visit Salzburg, Austria?
Exploring Salzburg is not just a journey, instead, it is a whole experience in its own! Its age-old traditions along with notable cultural values have been an attraction too. People from the nook and cor