Road Trip. There is a sense of adventure that always comes to your mind when you think about “ROAD TRIP”.
To go on a road trip is something special as it always create memories of life. But before you start your car, make sure you’ve packed all the necessary essentials for a hassle-free road trip.
Here, we have A Complete Road Trip Packing List along with some useful road trip tips which will keep your car – and you – running fresh throughout the trip.
Keep Your Car on The Road with These Must-have Road Trip Essentials
- Driving license
- Car registration
- A copy of your car insurance policy
- Car’s manual
- Extra car key… but please don’t keep on the same key ring
- Spare Tire…with a tire repair kit, tire jack and tools to change a flat
- Roadside emergency kit
Pro Tip #1:
If you are driving in remote areas, where there are long stretches without gas stations, keep these supplies:
- Large water bottles
- Wiped fluid
- Portable gas container
Pro Tip #2:
In winter, include following things in your road trip packing list to keep yourself from snow and ice:
- Ice scraper
- Snow shovel
- Tire chains
- Spare money: Cash is still KING in some places, particularly in parking meters and road tolls!
- Paper maps/Maps.Me App: Smartphone apps like Google Maps and Maps.me are the best, but it is not possible that you get cell service everywhere. So, having a paper map, recommended.
- First aid kit: Must include Band-aids, bandages, antiseptic and safety pins, etc.
- Water resistant flashlight: Buy two, just in case the car trouble happens at night, and in the rain.
- Bug spray: Bugs in the car are not fun on a road trip.
- Car phone charger: An essential.
- Hands-free phone mount: For easy to see maps for navigation + operate.
- Toilet roll: Because not all rest stops are created equal.
- Hand sanitizer: It will help to keep germs out of the car.
Accessories to Keep Yourself Entertained on Your Road Trip
- Bluetooth / Wireless hands-free kit for your mobile phone: Keep yourself focused on road while driving a car, use a hands-free kit and stay safe!
- A cool road trip playlist: Music is important to road trip, as the songs you choose can ultimately set the tone and mindset of the trip. Amazon Music and Spotify are the best options.
- Travel camera + USB chargers: Camera will help you in capturing your travel memories perfectly. If you want to know which are the best cameras for travel, click here + the best drones for travel – click here!)
- Travel games: If you are out for a family travel, Travel Games will keep kids entertained on a long drive.
The Comfort Kit
Keeping everyone in the car happy and relax during the road trip is so important! Here, we’ve compiled a list, so make sure to stock the car with these things to stay comfortable:
- Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Travel Pillow
- Travel Mug
- Reusable water bottle
- UV Window Shade
- Hand Sanitizer
- Painkiller/Anti-Inflammatory Medication
- Mints or chewing gum
- Flip Flops
- Day bag
- Waterproof mobile pouch case cover
- The Personal Care Kit
- Body wipes